Blog Archive

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Monopoly Tycoon (FreeWrite #4)


"When I was young (1st grade), my teacher introduced me to my first game of monopoly. We were playing monopoly junior, so it was a bit of a slow start, or so I thought. What I didn't know was how immersed I would become with the game monopoly. I would ask for a set for Christmas, and I would play it all the time against my grandmother and great-grandmother. Most of the time I would win, prompting my nickname 'Monopoly Tycoon'. You might think that they were letting me win, but no, all of us were playing for the win, and usually I came out on top. My mother says I have the right mindset for the game, which is true. I think very logically and like to stay organized. Anyway, because I asked for a new set every Christmas and bought some when I had money, I ended up with around 8-9 different monopoly sets, all of which I still have today. Nowadays, I don't play often, mainly because my family doesn't want to play against me. Also, monopoly is a long game to play. My grandmother and I went at it for 6 hours straight in one day, a monopoly marathon! Anyway, monopoly is one of those games that I'll never get bored of. No matter what, I am always up and ready to play again."

- Jack Goodenough 

No comments:

Post a Comment