Blog Archive

Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Recap (Freewrite #5)





    "As I sit back and think of all the things that have happened recently, I find that I am thankful for a 
lot of things. I am thankful for my immediate and extended family. Last Thursday (Thanksgiving), we came up to New York to spend Thanksgiving with the whole family, and boy was it a fun and exciting time. All my cousins were in good spirits and we were playing lots of games and playing football outside. We all had a good time, and I think it's the only time in the year that we are all together, so I really try to make the most of it. On a side note, (Related to last Freewrite), my brother Aidan, Hannah, and I played a competitive game of Monopoly. Unfortunately, I lost, Aidan won, but it was a fun experience overall. Also, last Tuesday (Before Thanksgiving), the wrestling team had its first match, and it was quite exciting. I was the last match to go, and I pinned the guy in 1 min. 30 seconds. This tied the [team] score, and I was really excited about that. We ended up losing the match by 1 point, but I'll cherish the experience of my match and I know we'll do better next time. Anyway, I am really thankful for a lot of things, and Thanksgiving has got to be one of my favorite holidays, if not the most favorite."

- Jack Goodenough 

1 comment: